Aphrodite

Friday, September 23, 2005

Survival

Recently, Anna Dunford, a participant at the World Gathering of
Young Friends sent me a long email about how she had little
money for the last year of university when she was still in
school several years ago. With some luck, and a little assistance,
she survived through it, which means that I can also get
through my financial poverty and will eventually have enough
to live off comfortably. There is a light at the end of the tunnel,
however I don't know yet where the end of my tunnel leads to,
or even where my next job will be, but I'll find out that soon enough.
I shouldn't worry, and should be grateful for what I do actually have,
because on the downside, I could be like the victims of Hurricane
Katrina, left with hardly anything, homeless and jobless. All I
have to do is have faith that God will bring me to where he
thinks I should be, and do what he thinks I should be doing with
my life. Because of attending the World Gathering, my faith and
spirituality have grown stronger, I can't tell you exactly how it
happened, but being there transformed me forever. As Mary Oliver says
in her poem titled "The Summer Day", "Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?" Or, as in "The Swan" by Mary Oliver,
"And did you feel it, in your heart, how it pertained to everything?
And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
And have you changed your life?"

1 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Mary Oliver poem about your one wild and precious life!!

I know it's hard to keep perspective, but, you WILL survive, and well, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home