Aphrodite

Monday, February 28, 2005

Bahamas

Clear as the sky,
Refreshing as lemonade in the heat of summer,
Colorful as a rainbow after a thunderstorm,
that's what snorkling in the Bahamas is like.
The warm rays of sunshine upon my pasty white skin
in the middle of February. 1/4 German descent,
100% Floridian at heart. Burnt halfway
to a crisp at Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

My soul released itself while on a paradise vacation in
Florida and the Bahamas and it didn't want to come back, ever.
There is nothing to describe the weather of
mid-winter in that area of the globe except to say that
an epiphany opened

inside of me. Nothing holding me back from staying
there besides school obligations and my current life in Maine.
Took an airplane back to snow and dredful cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home