Aphrodite

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Aphrodite

Aphrodite: Greek goddess of love

I have always been intrigued by Aphrodite, even in high school when I took a mythology class. She is as beautiful as a sunset, a flower with rain on the petals, or the first leaves on the trees in spring time. More recently she has influenced me. I have a print off from the internet of her in my bedroom, hoping to get a copy of the real thing some day. My English teacher from high school who taught the great and wonderful things about poetry, writing, books and the Greek gods and goddesses still has a painting of Aphrodite by Botticelli hanging over the doorway of his classroom. There is so much to learn from poets, writers, artists, musicians, Greek gods and goddesses, and actors that it is unbelievable and astounding all at the same time. To me, it's like being on a constant roller coaster ride or maybe on a plane going towards someplace you've wanted to explore for the longest time ever. The adrenaline rush is amazing, all while the blood is quickly surging through all of the veins and arteries in your body. It's like being on a continual high, from life and all that it has to offer.

http://www.goddess-gallery.com/aphrod.html

http://www.messagenet.com/myths/bios/aphrodite.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home