Aphrodite

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's snowing outside


There is white precipitation
known as snow falling from the

heavens.

Above the ground, the people down
below, the cars, houses, and even the
tallest of all skyscrappers.
It's pretty when it falls on the large
coniferous trees in the landscape,
on the grass and mountains, and the old

beautiful

houses around. Then comes the shoveling,
and that's the part that stinks, especially
when it's the wet sticky snow that becomes
so awefully heavy after not too long. Then
the trucks come along with their plows bearing
down on the pavement of roads and driveways,
removing the snow and dirtying it with the
mixture of sand and salt to prevent slipping
and skiding. Now the snow isn't so pretty anymore.
People trudge through it and dogs go pee and
take a shit in it. No longer is it pure and
beautiful, but flithy and disgusting looking.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Peterson Toscano said...

I ADORE snow, especially when I am in my cozy home with a good book and a big bowl of miso soup. Let it SNOW, I've got my soup to keep me warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home