Aphrodite

Sunday, January 22, 2006

London bridges


Walking around London by
myself.
The day before the beginning
of the biggest Quaker event
that I have ever participated
in, the World Gathering of
Young Friends.
I took the train, the "West of
England" line into London from
Bradford-on-Avon (or BOA as it
is commonly refered to as). I
left on the 9:22am bound for
Waterloo Station.
I got into the station just
before noontime that
Monday- August 15, 2005. My
first goal after arriving at
Waterloo was to navigate myself
to the footbridge that spans
the Thames, winding itself
through the center of London.
The footbridge connects
Waterloo to Charing Cross.
On the bridge I found tourists,
locals, business people with
brief cases, bums with their
signs and paper cups out, and
panhandlers with their guitars
filling the air with music.
One thing I found fascinating
that I only saw in magazines
and on television before was
the double decker Routemaster
buses. Sadly I didn't have the
opportunity to ride on one,
because my ambition was to make
it around London by foot, and
because it would have cost extra
money to ride one. On the
otherhand, if I knew that they
were all going to be put out of
commission, I would have ridden
one while there.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Peterson Toscano said...

yay! I am so glad you are blogging about your time in the UK!
Peterson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home